This pandemic is redefining our humanness and designing the future. COVID-19 has no boundaries, as it ravishes and devastates the cities, towns, and communities. Families, friends, and thousands are sickened or murdered by COVID-19.
The virus forced us to make the necessary changes to our lives so that we can reasonably live. These abrupt changes disrupt lifestyles, economies, communities, and families. We have to rethink the way we interact with each other. We reinvent work and lifestyles to accommodate this new reality.
I am amazed at how quickly the behavior of millions of people globally adopted and adapted to this new way of life. The human army is resilient, compassionate and capable to combat this vicious villain. In this war, each of us has a responsibility to each other. Defeating this murderous monster means we have to do our part to lower the risk, as heroic medical teams work day and night to save us.
There are many moving parts to stopping the spread of COVID-19 to consider. Here’s a simple rule to follow social distancing and wearing a mask are the precautions that protect you, your family, friends, and your community.
Some communities are entering the peak spread of COVID-19, we fight back by doing our part:
- Social distancing and mask-wearing.
- Connecting virtually with family and friends.
- Reach out to people who are isolating alone.
- Keeping yourself healthy.
- Supporting our first responders, healthcare workers, retail workers.
- Helping each other through kindness.
- Sanitizing not just our homes but any place we may have to go.
- Learning something new every day.
- Sharing comforting words, thoughts, and humor.
- Mindfulness and kind thoughts of yourself.
- Planning for recovery.
- Planning the future.
- Praying and giving hope.
- Tell your family and friends you care and love them.
We are in this together, and together we will prevail.
Stay well and safe.